My fee is $200 per 50 minute session, and I do not participate directly with any insurance plans. As a New York State licensed clinical social worker authorized for independent psychotherapy practice, my services are generally reimbursed in full or in part by insurance plans with out-of-network benefits. After you submit payment directly to me, I will provide you with a service invoice — including a diagnostic code, treatment code, and my clinical license number — to submit to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.
To determine whether your insurance carrier reimburses for out-of-network mental health services, I recommend that you contact a customer service representative and ask the following questions:
- Does my insurance plan cover out-of-network mental health services (procedure code 90834) with an LCSW?
- What is the covered amount per therapy session?
- Do I have an out-of-network deductible, and if so, have I met it?
- What are the specific steps I need to take to be reimbursed for out-of-network psychotherapy services?
- Is there a limit to the number of mental health visits I can have each year? If so, how many visits are allowed?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician for my services to be covered?
If you think my support might be a good match for you or your family, please let me know.